Hormel and Smashbox Cosmetics Re-Up for New Campaigns
New YouTube Channel with Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia’s
Seven Bucks Productions Announced
New Content Initiatives with Matthew Espinosa, Family Fun Pack, Matthew Santoro and Rhett & Link’s Good Mythical Morning Revealed
NEW YORK, MAY 10 – In a NewFronts presentation loaded with case studies co-presented with its agency and brand partners, Studio71, the content and media studio and multichannel network of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group, underscored the importance of strategically connecting influencers with brands to deliver results, while revealing new content initiatives with top influencers. Studio71 represents many of the top influencers across YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat, including Lilly Singh a.k.a IISuperwomanII, Rhett & Link, Logan Paul, Shay Mitchell, Matthew Santoro and Family Fun Pack. Top influencer, actor, musician and writer Flula Borg, Epic Meal Time’s Harley Morenstein and Roman Atwood, one of YouTube’s top pranksters and family man, were all on stage today. Studio71’s network drives 5 billion monthly views with only 1200 channels, which is the highest ratio of views to channel of any multi-channel network. Its channels account for 18 percent of Google Preferred channels and include six of the top channels on YouTube. Last year, the company executed over 500 custom brand executions and produced and published more than 1500 YouTube videos for brands.
“Influencer marketing works. It just has to be done right,” said Reza Izad, CEO of Studio71. “Which is why Studio71 focuses on super influencers and producing great creative that is authentic to both brand and influencer in order to engage super fans who will multiply the effect.”
BRAND AND INFLUENCER CASE STUDIES
Today, on stage, Studio71 demonstrated its branded content expertise with real results and co-presented five case studies featuring super influencers from the network with brands and agency partners, two of which announced they are re-upping deals:
- Hormel Black Label Bacon signed on for its third year as the official bacon of Epic Meal Time, the #1 online cooking channel in the world, revealed BBDO Minneapolis’ Hormel Account Director Scott Schraufnagel on stage with Harley Morenstein. During year two, the brand, which started in one Epic Meal Time show, infiltrated all formats on the channel, garnering more than 45 million views.
- Smashbox Cosmetics revealed it will be partnering with Studio71 for another year of its innovative “Made at Smashbox” program. “Made at Smashbox” opened the doors of the beauty brand’s legendary Smashbox Studios in L.A. to new media style influencers, and allowed them to shoot custom fashion and beauty content with state-of-the-art camera equipment, lighting systems and turnkey production capabilities and crew. Smashbox also announced that it will launch a limited-edition shade of their new Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse, a no-rules red shade created by Lilly Singh.
Studio71 also presented Coca-Cola Canada’s sponsorship of Lilly Singh a.k.a IISuperwomanII’s A Trip to Unicorn Island tour stop in Toronto, activating on the ground with integrations, custom content and collector’s edition “Team Super” Coca-Cola cans; the integration of new Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration™ Weightless Lotion Sunscreen in seven episodes of actress Shay Mitchell‘s YouTube series, Shaycation, a deal that came out of the 2015 NewFronts; Vine star Logan Paul’s promotion of the Dunkin’ Donuts app and gift card, which featured Paul; Rhett & Link’s celebration of M&M’s 75th Anniversary in Good Mythical Morning; and Cheetah Mobile’s promotion of the Piano Tiles game app with Roman Atwood and family.
NEW CONTENT INITIATIVES
Studio71 continues to be a leader in premium content creation, with successes including feature film Natural Born Pranksters, which ranked as the #2 movie overall on iTunes charts in the US behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens the weekend of April 1-3, and Cyanide and Happiness, one of NBC Universal SVOD app SeeSo’s most successful series, born from YouTube’s top animation channel.
With today’s announcement that it is partnering with Seven Bucks Productions, co-founded by Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia, to launch a new YouTube Channel, Seven Bucks Digital Studios, that will debut in Summer 2016, Studio71 ups the ante. Johnson, who has over 100 million followers across his social handles, will feature his own videos as well as shine a spotlight on Seven Bucks Productions’ projects along with other creators who share his work ethic and drive to inspire, motivate and entertain. The YouTube Channel will deliver monthly collaborations with top digital native talent as well as an action-filled scripted online series. In addition, Studio71 is working with Matthew Espinosa, Family Fun Pack, Matthew Santoro and Rhett & Link’s Good Mythical Morning on the following new projects.
- Text Committee: Have you ever committed the worst social media faux pas by sending the wrong text, making the wrong comment, or liking the wrong video? Then you’re in desperate need of The Text Committee, led by actor and social media phenomenon Matthew Espinosa, a secret group from another dimension devoted to saving you from your social media disasters.
- Family Fun Day: 46 loads of laundry, 41 ounces of cereal, seven hours of homework, four trips to the market, six hours of sleep, wake up. Rinse. Repeat. Welcome to the average day of the Internet’s most popular family channel, Family Fun Pack. Meet Kristine and her family as she navigates the world of YouTube and running the family business.
- Good Mythical Crew: Ever wonder what it’s like to peek behind the scenes of the #1 daily talk show on the internet? It turns out that Good Mythical Morning fans really care. This series, which launched in April, features the quirky crew that helps Rhett & Link run the most popular daily talk show on YouTube. It’s already averaging 1.4 million viewers per episode.
- Coolest Thing I’ve Ever Made: We’ve scoured the Internet to find the most insane backyard inventors, creators, and makers to showcase them on this weekly show. We’ve scraped through every Reddit, SubReddit, and SubSubReddit, so you don’t have to. Join Matthew Santoro, the King of YouTube facts, to see how these amazing backyard fantasies come to life.
Presenting on behalf of Studio71 were CEO Reza Izad, Senior Vice President of Studio71’s Brand Integration Group Jake Smith, Vice President of Lifestyle Content Davida Hall, Senior Director of Brand Partnerships Shawn Kallet, President Dan Weinstein, Chief Content Officer Gary Binkow and Chief Revenue Officer Scott Weller.
Presenting on behalf of brands and agencies were BBDO Minneapolis Hormel Account Director Scott Schraufnagel; Hawaiian Tropic Brand Manager Danielle Duncan and Beeby Clark + Meyler Principal Michael Clark; Smashbox Cosmetics Director of Consumer Engagement Stephanie Schneider; Universal McCann’s Supervisor of Connection Planning for Coke Canada Jennifer Thompson; and Dunkin Donuts Media Director Nick Dunham and Trilia’s Vice President and Associate Media Director Jeff Zanella.
Studio71 is the multichannel network of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group with 5 billion views a month. It is headquartered in Berlin and Los Angeles, with offices in New York, Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Toronto, London, and Vienna. In German-speaking countries, Studio71 is the leading multichannel network that concentrates the broadcasting group’s range of Web-only content and its distribution through in-house platforms like MyVideo, and through third-party platforms. In the U.S. Studio71 develops, produces, and distributes original entertainment programming and manages one of the leading multichannel networks with over 1,200 channels. Germany’s leading moving-image marketer is responsible for ad marketing with SevenOne Media.
Karlyn Nelson / Sam Threadgill
MPRM Communications for Studio71
323.933.3399 / firstname.lastname@example.org